Monday, October 15, 2007

My Buttercream Recipe

Since I received so many emails about my buttercream frosting I decided it best to just give it to ALL of you. :) Also, many of you asked how I was able to make the icing look like an actual cone....EASY! When I frost my cupcakes I use a pastry bag and the Wilton 1M star tip, that's it. I fill the bag with my buttercream frosting and swirl around the cupcake from the outside in...done! Shake on some sprinkles and you're finished! SO much easier than trying to use the knife-spreading method we all grew up with. ;)

Classic Buttercream
1 cup regular Crisco (I prefer the bars as they are pre-measured)
1 cup Land-o-Lakes Butter (softened)
2 teaspoons Clear Vanilla extract
2 lbs Powdered Sugar (approx 8 cups)
4 tblsp water
2 tblsp Meringue Powder

This will make 6 cups of frosting. I usually use 4 cups when making cupcakes or an actual cake. It's always better to make more than less, plus you can freeze what you don't use. :)

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Oh yummy- your cupcakes looked awesome! I took a cupcake decorating classs a few months ago - it was so fun it was almost like stamping.....lol

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Cool...I was thinking of asking for your frosting recipe...Three of my 5 kids Birthdays are in Dec. I'm going to have to give these a try....

Hugs,
Lisa B <><