Thursday, January 31, 2008

Simple Stationary..

So of course my favorite color combo at the moment is Chocolate and Sky. I wanted to create some fun note cards but didn't want them to be over the top. I loved the monogram layout from the stationary Kristine made for me, so I combined that layout with my fav colors and I had a winner! I also decided to add a bit of dimension to the letter "W" by shadow stamping it using the soft sky.....look closely.


I used the swirl stamp from Baroque Motifs (can't get enough of that stamp) and soft sky ink for the background and then added a few chocolate flowers (or whatever those are). The dotted circle and monogram is from PTI . I finished it off with some white tafetta ribbon...it really adds a bit of elegance to any card without being too much, which I really love.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Fabulous! I forget how much I like monograms until I see them again!

Many Blessings,
M.

Carissa said...

Wonderful card! I am in the process of creating my own version right now.
Can I make a suggestion? I would love to see a "Jillian's Favorties" section on your blog. Favorite tool, favorite color combos, favorite COPIC COLORS.
I would love to start my own copics collection, but what colors would you recommned starting with?
Love your blog!
Carissa

Dottie K said...

Wow this is so stunning. Love those colors and the monogram, escpecially the shadow. So enjoy all your creative ideas. :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

Gorgeous, Jill! I LOVE that color combo!

Whimsey said...

WOW; gorgeous!!!

dd2njoy said...

Wonderful and beautiful!!

Kelly said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors!