Friday, February 1, 2008

Adding a new section...

You can thank (or blame) Carissa for this. ;) I continually get emails asking "where did you find ____?" or "what colors would you recommend?" or even "what card making supplies are a must have?". So I am adding a new section on my sidebar labeled "My Favorite Things". I will occasionally post my findings here and then keep a link to my fav's on my sidebar for you to checkout.

So....as with all new things there must be a starting point. Let's go with Carissa's question of "I would love to start my own copics collection, but what colors would you recommend starting with?"

Copic Must Haves (in my opinion)

E00 - Skin White
R29- Lipstick Red (Real Red match)
Y21 - Buttercup Yellow (So Saffron match)
E33 - Sand (Creamy Caramel match)
C1 - Cool Gray No. 1 (perfect shadow color)
RV11 - Pink (Pretty in Pink match)

These colors are a great starting point; you have a flesh tone, two hair colors, a gray shadow and of course a solid red and pink for dresses, lips, hearts, etc. As you go along you will want to add more colors of course, but these I feel are the beginning "musts" for the Copic markers. You can always watercolor or paper piece an outfit until you get your hands on more colors.

So if there is anything you want advice on, a product you want an honest opinion about or a technique you've seen that you need a little more clarification on just drop me a comment or email and I'll post it here. And if I don't know the answer I'll direct you to where you can find it. :) Til next time....

4 comments:

Carissa said...

Thank you! I will take all the BLAME for this!

Diane said...

That is such a wonderful idea to have your favorite things that we could check!!! Hey as i was checking your blog... I will be your 29,000 visitor!!! Oh my goodness!!!Love your blog ! You do amazing work!!

Stacey said...

Thank you for your tidbits on copic markers (that's how I found you). I just recently discovered them, but there are so many choices it's hard to know where to start.

Dana said...

LOL! I have to laugh as these are the ones I DO have! :) Now which ones? :)