Monday, January 14, 2008

The poor-man's Lattice background

Debbie Olsen is one of my stamping idols. I continually browse her blog to learn new techniques and get some creative ideas. Yesterday I read her blog on using the Scor-Pal to create this fabulous lattice background. Then over on Nichole Heady's blog I saw her use a similar idea on one of her cards. I rushed right over to the Paper Pretties boutique and added the scor-it to my cart. It's a similar idea but it comes with the tool and I'll be able to move the design around and do things other than just the grid. :) When I got home I looked around and I noticed that my cutter from Stampin' Up! had grooves in it as well so I thought "I wonder if it would work..."

It's not as perfect as Debbie's, that's for sure. But it will do for now until the real Scor-It arrives in my Paper Pretties order.

Don't forget about the Cutie Pie contest!!! Everyone is invited to submit their original artwork using the new Paper Pretties stamps! One winner will be chosen as the first ever “Cutie Pie!” The winner will receive all of the stamps sets from the next release and will have a Spotlight on the Paper Pretties website. Entries should be submitted to Christie@paperpretties.net by January 26th. And don't forget, the next Prettie Party will be on Tuesday, January 29th when they’ll release 2 more stamp sets! (Trust me, you won't want to miss it!)

6 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Jillian! Now why didn't I order a score-pal when I just did my order from the boutique! Doh! And enquiring minds want to know - have you saved the pan yet?

Unknown said...

Jillian, this is gorgeous! I totally love it. Super job.

I see your hand must be feeling better if you can stamp, color and score too!

Lisa C. said...

love your po man's example..this is awesome!

Unknown said...

You are amazing! What a terrific idea Jillian!!! and your card is beautiful! :)

Whimsey said...

Love, love, love my score-pal; hope you love yours too!! Beautiful card; love the colors!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous! I love this lattice bg!