Friday, August 17, 2007

Must have it!!!

So after reading through all the fabulous comments (which I am loving by the way, thank you all for the great feedback and comments!!!)... I've found that a lot of you are also into cake decorating too!!! So any idea what this is?? A friend of mine found it online at Sur La Table and sent it to me. Needless to say I was jumping up and down and screaming "I WANT ONE!!!!" and immediately forwarded it along to my DH to which his reply was "oh great, one more cake item for the kitchen". LOL Oh and mind you, he hates sweets. So the fact that he puts up with my "cake supply storage" issues and my weekly cake baking and icing mess, my constant sugar high when I get home from the cake class....well, it's just one more reason I love him. :)

This weekend we are taking a little trip to San Francisco to wander around, do a bit of shopping and consume way too much yummy food in celebration of our Holla-versary (yes, there is QUITE a story behind that). So I have requested that Scott (my dh, I figured I'd give him a proper name finally) refrain from buying me flowers and instead buy me this!!!!

Still curious as to why I'm so excited over this funky cake pan??? Well, this is what it looks like when you're done!!!!!!

Tell me this is not the cutest cake ever!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I LOVE IT AND I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could never make this cute little cake, but it is definatly cute! Mine would look more like... Ummmm something else... I shouldn't write it on your website! Very cute cake pan.

Kari C said...

Oh my this is too stinkin cute! How fun would that be to bring to any gathering?! So sorry you hubby doesn't have a sweet tooth....good for him though-he doesn't have to battle will power over all the yummies!!! Have fun in SFO-I miss those road trip weekends the most!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Yes!!! I saw this a couple of weeks ago and immediately put it on my wish list! I think it would be awesome...and probably a pretty unique cake to bring to gatherings!

Unknown said...

Jillian this is fabulous!!! I don't do cakes but I think my children would LOVE this!!! Must be pricey, huh??? Hope you have a great trip!!

Tracy.H said...

I don't do cake decorating, but this is just too adorable!! I have a few friends that do it...might have to get them to make me one! :0)

Anonymous said...

This IS the cutest cake ever! Now I totally know why you HAD to have that funny-looking tin, lol. =)

Zoe said...

Just love it. I may just have to break down and order me one. Wonder how much cake batter it holds?? Once you get it, let us see what you do with it!

Anonymous said...

MMMM mmmmmm!!!! I wonder if it would make it through the mail to your friend at Paper Pretties!!!

Debbie Schneider said...

Love the cake - what a cute idea!! I have been out of the cake decorating loop for quite some time - was thinking of selling my cake pans (about 25 of them) but decided to hang on to them - you are so inspiring!! Your blog is my number one!! Thanks for all the great ideas!! Have a fantastic weekend!!

Carissa said...

This is what my DH would refer to as "a door bell" (adorable). I love it and while I don't do the whole cake decorating thing, I think I need one of these. I have three kids...tell me it would come in handy. How hard do you think it is to frost this?
Carissa

Lisa C. said...

OMG, I love this cake pan!

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I cannot wait to get my hands on this lovely delight!! :)

Linda SS said...

Thanks for sharing such a delightful cake and pan. I took classes about 30 years ago and gave it up after about 5 years. You are really tempting me to go at it again:)

Patti said...

Oh my! This cake pan is so so cute! :) I think even I could decorate that! ;)

Nicki said...

Jill you have done it again! I must have that pan. My son's 2nd birthday is coming up in 3 weeks and I think he would love it. Thanks for sharing the info on this pan!

LettyLian said...

OMG"!!! This is the cutest cake pan I've ever seen! I'm going to have to get one when I visit my sister in San Fran this Christmas!!! We don't have that store here in Hawaii... :( but something to look forward to when I go for the holidays...

Nancy said...

Is this a Wilton product or ????

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I ran to the store to get this and wasn't able to find it! I did however find it on the net. It is so cute, both my daughters (23 & 17)want a cake... :o) Thanks for the share. i love to read your blog as you touch on so many subjects...

Paige :o)