Friday, September 19, 2008

Last two SOTM projects

Arrrrrrrg!!! You'll have to forgive my horrible pictures, I still can't seem to get perfect lighting in the new house. Plus I have yet to unpack my good lamps and photo cube (hmm, weekend project perhaps?). So here are the final 2 projects we did for my Stamp of the Month class, the top one is quite pretty in person. I stamped the flower image in Pretty in Pink craft ink onto Pink Pirouette paper and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. The greeting was embossed with white powder to tie in the white trim. The Kiwi Kiss card base was stamped with the sanded background stamp using Always Artichoke ink, ya can't even see it in the photo. :( White textured paper (cause it's my fav) for the scallop trim along the bottom and then finally I used the ticket corner punch on the top corners to add some white brads.
This has got to be one of my favs. I just love dry embossing a frame around my main images, keeps things simple but elegant in my opinion. I used markers for the flowers and then misted with water to re-moisten and stamped onto Baja Breeze card stock. Add a sentiment, border & brads and I was done!
This weekend we're working on the master bathroom, closets & hallway. We set the date for our house warming so now we have to make sure we stick to our weekend projects so it's presentable in time. 4 weeks...which sounds like a long time but really, it's only 8 days since we only have free time on the weekends. Anyone wanna put on your paint smocks and come help? ;)
XOXO
p.s. did you notice my "Arrrrg"?? Today is National Talk Like a Pirate Day! My co-workers are ready to throw me out the window! LMBO

5 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOL...are you serious about the pirate thing??? LOL take a look at my blog and you'll know why I asked that LMBO!!!

CUTE CUTE Upsy Daisy cards..that set is addicting!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

You are too cute..your cards are awesome too!!

(tinxmagic) Laura said...

this is an awesome card... I just tagged you... I read every word you blog, but never comment! I am a blog stalker! so now I have tagged you!

Ann said...

Simple, yet beautiful! Love 'em both! :D

Samsung CLP-510 toner said...

That must be one of the nicest gifts I have ever seen. Really, I mean it's not something typical or anything like that, it's more of an enhanced upgrade to the original production. It's always fun to give something that looks like there was a lot of thought put into it which is what we all like to call, "priceless". So let's all take at least one day every so often, maybe even be spontaneous and let's form some sort of gift to give someone special to us that bit of recognition to know that we still care :) it'll be fun!