Friday, May 16, 2008

A little girls birthday...


My friends little girl turns 3 this weekend so I wanted to make her a "big girl" card for her birthday. I brought out my Flutterby Sophia set from Paper Pretties and I love the phrase "Flutter your wings and fly" that comes in this set. The paper is from the same stack I've been using a lot of lately, American Designs or something (can't recall the name). I actually created a frame using the scallop oval Nesties, rather than just layering two pieces. It adds a little dimension in real life. I also decided I was bored with the straight edges so I threw a bit of a curve to the background paper. I thought about doing scallops but didn't want to take away from the focal point. I used Copics for the coloring and topped it off with some taffeta ribbon.

Don't forget, there is only one day left for the Paper Pretties chipboard sale. Drop on over to the Boutique and check out all the fun stuff that has been added and be sure to visit the sale section for some great deals (before they're gone!)

Stamps - Flutterby's
Cardstock - Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Ink - same
Accessories -Copics, Nesties

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous card!!! She is just the cutest - great coloring!! :)

Christie Ortman said...

Adorable Jill - love those colors!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!! love it!!

Samantha said...

Wonderful! I am convinced that I need these Nestabilities things now!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is so stinkin' sweet!