Thursday, September 25, 2008

Touched by an angel

There are angels all around us each and every day, some of them we see and some just linger above us making sure we're ok. Sweet little Sophia is one of these angels, she's next month's SOTM over at Paper Pretties so if you want to be one of the first to get your hands on her then head over there and sign up. I just love coloring her...there's something calming about it. Ok, I'm a whack job, I know. I used my copics (as always) and my new Scor-Pal to make the embossed lines above & below the ribbon. At first I just made one score line but it was just kinda blah....so I put the kraft cardstock back on my Scor-pal and moved it just slightly off from the first line and scored it again. LOVED IT! You might have to click the photo to enlarge it to see what I mean.
I really like the look of faux embossed greetings so I stamped "blessings" first in Sahara Sand and then again in White Craft. Soft Sky is still one of my favorite colors ever, so naturally I used it for my little Angel. ;)
And if you haven't heard by now, Cammie's Heart to Heart blog candy is just amazing....so head over there to check it out. It's for an amazing cause!!!

6 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Jillian!! I love the shading you did on the bottom of the wings, and the scored lines add so much!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I can honestly tell you that you are NOT a whack job! LOL! Coloring is WAY therapeutic and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! LOL! Love your card-I def. have to get her!!! She is too stinkin' cute!

Love the craft/soft sky combo...it's just beautiful, hon!

Jessie/knightrone said...

You are so not a whack job...coloring is DEFINITELY therapy!! Love this!!

Unknown said...

OMGoodness Jillian this is just beautiful!!! What a gorgeous card - love the faux embossing!! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just adorable, Jillian! BEAUTIFUL card!

Rose Ann said...

She looks beautiful, and I love how you've colored her!! Wonderful card!!