Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's Spring Time!

My favorite part of this card was coloring the flower buds and creating different shades (so saffron, pretty in pink, rose red). I also love my new texture plates!!! The Big Shot Impressions Starter Kit can be used with the Cuttlebug so you can emboss any brass template and get even more backgrounds by using texture plates. The plate used here was by Fiskars. I find texture plates to be a great alternative to the embossed folders or images because they aren't as drastic and defined. They are very subtle and don't take away from the true focal point of the project. And as always, I can't seem to get enough of the distressing or paper piercing. I LOVE IT!

This was the final project for my Spring Sensation class this weekend and sadly due to time contraints a few missed out making it so I thought I would highlight it in my blog for the weekend. After my class (which was SO much fun!!!), the hubby and I went to the Folsom outlets to do a bit of shopping, then of course stopped by Michael's since I had 3 coupons and just couldn't waste those. Then we had dinner at Outback (delish!) and finally a movie. We saw Wild Hogs and I thought it was a hoot! Kinda slap-schtick but overall very delightful. The weather was simply amazing this weekend, I couldn't get enough of it! Winter makes you appreciate Spring, if that makes sense. :) Sunday was by far the best (minus losing an hour)....Scott & I went to the spa for a massage and then La Bou for a light lunch. We felt like 'buttah' the entire day and I think we've decided we should do that more frequently....we're worth it! So I hope all of you got to enjoy the sunshine this weekend, Spring is most definitely here!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! I love my Cuttlebug - but the texture plates are very subtle and very nice.

Your weekend sounds like it was awesome! Good for you two.

Anonymous said...

I had the opportunity to take Jillian's March 10 class which included this beautiful card. Jillian's bright, sunny personality is reflected in her cards and interactions to others. If you reside in the Sacramento area, be sure to sign up for one of her classes. You will go away with a head full of new hints and a heart full of love of life. Thanks, Jillian!
Ruth

Heidi said...

Love this card! The tulips look beautiful! Glad you had a good weekend! Mine was great too! I went to the Chris Daughtry concert on Saturday and played with the kids on their new birthday swing set on Sunday. Can't wait for 71 degree weather today!