Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A very special gift

If you've been reading my blog for a while then you know my excitement over holiday Gourds. Last year I added this adorable little guy to my collection, created by Donna Massey owner of Gourdzooks.


She makes the most adorable little characters using gourds. It's the one holiday craft splurge I look forward to each year (they are PRICEY, this guy was $40!!!). Usually after a stamp day, a large group of us will hoof it down to the annual craft fair to shop, eat & browse the goodies...and my $$ always goes towards a new gourd. So my jaw hit the ground this weekend when one of the gals showed up bearing gifts (too sweet!) and when I opened up the package this is what I found....

I flipped out!!! I was so excited!!!!

1. I love these gourd characters!!! (she had no idea, my reaction was a shock to her, I was screaming)
2. I didn't have any Halloween ones yet and I had looked at them last year, but opted for a turkey (show ya that tomorrow).
3. It had a little black kitty on the pumpkin which looked like my little Mouse (our cat, our princess...yes, we don't have kids yet so therefore our pets are like our children)
4. She MADE IT!!!! OMG!!! I nearly fell over!!!

So I just HAD to share this with everyone, I'm sure you crafty Sue's are used to seeing Gourds and fun stuff but I'm new to them and I just get dumbfounded at the things people can do with them. Just wait til you see the other fun guys I got my hands on!!! Oh and I'll also post the projects we made for World Card Making Day....did anyone else spend the day stamping on Saturday????

3 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

seriously HOW CUTE are these? i'd flip out too! I'm not good w/ these type of things. you give me a card, I can stamp my little heart out or scrapbook, etc. but there are so many cute little projects like these that I see and go whoa-now THAT's overwhelming LOL. How cute!!! I bet you're so excited.

Can't wait to see what you made on WCMD! hugs,j.

Jessie/knightrone said...

I totally haven't seen one before and I NEED them!! How awesome!!

Anonymous said...

OOOOH, isn't that so sweet of your friend. what a nice gift and can tell you were please, Can't wait to see your turkey. Have a great day, Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne