Wednesday, March 12, 2008

You're my Cupycake...

On the road trip down to Anaheim for CHA a few weeks ago, a funny thing happened....actually a LOT of funny things happened but I'm only going to highlight one at the moment. There were three of us on this little road adventure so we stocked up on snacks, gossip and music. When one got old we'd just flip to the next form of entertainment. We started with gossip, hit the snacks about an hour in and then as we were flying down the highway it was time for the tunes. The driver, aka Kate, has a fabulous man at home who kindly filled her iPhone with TONS of music so we would have plenty to rock out to. "Old McDonald?? *next* Bingo?!? *next* Itsy Bitsy SPIDER?!?!?! WHAT THE...????? **Insert various adjectives here** Oh, I guess I should have prefaced this with the fact that they have 4 children. He loaded the KIDS car tunes...WHOOPS! So thus, we were groovin to some mad Barney sing-a-longs on our road trip...ROCK ON!!!
So there was a point to that tale, there was one song on there that was so flippin cute. It was sung by a little girl, maybe 3 or 4 and she fumbled all over the words while singing it, which of course made it even cuter. "You're my cupycake-uddlebear-sweetie-eetie-umkin..." So now, whenever we see a "cupycake" we sing the tune and reminisce.

I fell in love with this set when I saw it on Taylors blog. I loved the look of the three cupycakes all together so I used her card for inspiration. I used SU Petals & Paisleys retired DP along with Rose Red & Pretty in Pink cardstock. The ink colors used were Rose Red, Pretty in Pink & Certainly Celery. I used Joanne's little slot/ribbon/knot trick to add a final touch. Hope you likes!

9 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Adorable card, and I LOVE the story behind it!! I've been trying to resist this set...must not buy new stamps! ;-) Nah...that never works!

Unknown said...

Way cute card my friend, and now I know the story behind CUPEYCAKE!

Glad you like the ribboney trick too.

I've got the cupeycakes, just need some time to get playing with them! I'm inspired!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable story and card, Jillian! Too too cute!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! Oh see now I HAVE to get that set . . I want it, I need it but I've been strong . . now I'm weak :( Oh boy! Thanks friend! :)

Diane said...

Lovely card,love the colors!

Whimsey said...

Oh I LOVE this...and even better? I have this set; thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE THIS Jillian....it is fun and whimsical and brightens my day! I think I may have to CASE this and send to my Mom, who is back in the hospital...I think it would cheer her up! Thanks for sharing this today. Hugs, Barb g

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card and your story!

Alli Miles said...

What a delicious card! Fun story too. It was so nice to meet you at CHA. I can totally see how you are true to your personality on your blog.