Thursday, January 31, 2008

Simple Stationary..

So of course my favorite color combo at the moment is Chocolate and Sky. I wanted to create some fun note cards but didn't want them to be over the top. I loved the monogram layout from the stationary Kristine made for me, so I combined that layout with my fav colors and I had a winner! I also decided to add a bit of dimension to the letter "W" by shadow stamping it using the soft sky.....look closely.


I used the swirl stamp from Baroque Motifs (can't get enough of that stamp) and soft sky ink for the background and then added a few chocolate flowers (or whatever those are). The dotted circle and monogram is from PTI . I finished it off with some white tafetta ribbon...it really adds a bit of elegance to any card without being too much, which I really love.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Fabulous! I forget how much I like monograms until I see them again!

Many Blessings,
M.

Carissa said...

Wonderful card! I am in the process of creating my own version right now.
Can I make a suggestion? I would love to see a "Jillian's Favorties" section on your blog. Favorite tool, favorite color combos, favorite COPIC COLORS.
I would love to start my own copics collection, but what colors would you recommned starting with?
Love your blog!
Carissa

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is so stunning. Love those colors and the monogram, escpecially the shadow. So enjoy all your creative ideas. :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous, Jill! I LOVE that color combo!

Whimsey said...

WOW; gorgeous!!!

Diane said...

Wonderful and beautiful!!

Kelly said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors!