Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

So this week seems to be dragging...anyone else having that issue? Perhaps it's because I'm looking forward to the 3-day weekend a bit too much. The hubby will be out of town helping a friend move so I'm having the gals over Friday night and Sat afternoon for stamp time. What better chance to take over the house, right? ;)

Here is the card I made for the Stampers Club this last weekend. The technique was Faux Silk and it was a real challenge to keep this card simple so 1. it would be quick for 12 gals to throw together and 2. keep the focus on the technique and not the design of the card. Everyone LOVED the new scallop border punch, even me! I'm so hesitant when it comes to punches these days (they are so flimsy and they break all the time) but SU has yet to disappoint me so I'm hangin in there.

I'm also excited for Monday night, Sept 1st as it's the monthly SIYJ (Stampin In Your Jammies) over at Paper Pretties. I haven't been able to attend these for months due to the move and lack of computer at home but as of Saturday I'll have internet again!! YAY!!!! So bet your tail I'll be planted right in front of my computer on Monday night stampin' with the Prettie Girls!!

Stamps - Fresh Cuts, All Holidays
Cardstock - Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa, Vanilla
Ink - Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa
Accessories - Paper Piercing tool, Scallop Edge Punch, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon

6 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Wow that card is beautiful! So glad to hear your doing so well. Have fun this weekend with the girls. Can't wait to see what is created. :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute Jillian!! Have fun this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

This card is really beautiful!! Thanks for sharing. Hope you are feeling a lot better now. I also have MS and any extra stress in your life can cause all kinds of problems.
Hope you have a great weekend!!
Linda Peterson

Debra said...

Glad to see that you're back stamping again! That card is fabulous!! I'm really glad you're feeling better and I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend.

WhimsicalThoughts said...

oh Jillian, what a cute acard, good to see you creating again.

Jennifer said...

I love the card, it's beautiful!! And yes, this week is dragging by... I even had Monday off and it still feels like it's crawling along. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Have a great weekend! :o)