Thursday, May 29, 2008

Belated Prettie Day

A few weeks ago we were challenged to make a bookmark. Since I'm currently reading this book I opted for something simple. Of course I tend to lean towards simple, clean looks more often than not anyway, so it wasn't really out of character I suppose. *lol*

I used the single flower from the Bloomin' Beautiful set which is currently featured in the Occasions Mini catalog. I wanted to have a sentiment following along the stemline but couldn't find anything small enough to fit. Finally I remembered you can reposition rub-ons so I grabbed the ones I got during Sale-a-bration and they were perfect! I stamped the image in Brilliance Black ink and then colored the flower using Copics YG11, YG63, R81, R83, R85 and my yellow glitter stardust pen for the center.


My weekend goal is to make my hubby an anniversary card. Our 2 year anniversary is this coming up Monday, June 2nd and since we bought each other a house our wallets are pretty much tapped for gifts. Anyone have any creative ideas for a thoughtful, cheap, handmade guy gift? Details and directions if ya do! ;) xoxo

4 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is beautiful!! Love how you did the rub ons!!

Tricia T said...

There's always a movie night basket...

Soda or favorite drink
Favorite Candy
Microwave Popcorn
New Release Movie Rental

All told under $10 and a wonderful night together.

Whimsey said...

I LOVED this book; hope you do too. Love the bookmark too; but REALLY love the book. LOL

Debra said...

What about making him one of those wallets like Melanie Muenchinger has on her blog? Put a picture of yourself in it, and put a gift card for videos in it. Or maybe pictures of the house?